question

Terry Siu avatar image
Terry Siu asked

Data Connection Error Status

Hi!

I set up a Data Connection to our Azure Blob Storage and the connection was created with Enabled status and the a verification file was written to our Blob Storage. I then used the HTTP API for WriteEvents to send a custom event to verify we receive this event in our Blob Storage. We also have an Event Archive setup to S3 and confirmed this event is received fairly quickly in our S3 bucket. After waiting 5+ minutes (since the docs mentioned a "less than 5-minute data ingestion latency"), the event did not show up in our Blob Storage. I checked the Data Connection and noticed it went in to Error status with the error message:

This connection encountered an error on August 8, 2023 5:51 PM:

PlayFab could not validate the provided event sink connection details.

Confirm your connection details to resume sending data.

I'm not sure what or where else to look for to understand what the issue is. Any one have any pointers on finding what might be the cause of the Error? Thank you!

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The error message indicates that the event sink connection details you provided may have problems, you may recheck the sink settings. Also, have you followed the Connecting to Azure Blob - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to set up the Data Connection to your Azure Blob Storage? Please make sure that all the information is correct and up to date.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.