question

David James avatar image
David James asked

Deleted players showing up (weeks after) in fresh leaderboard

Hello, I'm having trouble with players that have been deleted showing up in leaderboards. Its been days since I deleted these players, yet they haunt my leaderboards each new day (I'm incrementing the leaderboard each day)

Because the game relies on the leaderboard for various functions, I'm having to manually delete these phantom players so the rest of the app functions as expected.

What would the solution be to this problem? I've read similar questions asked but it seems the solution is to wait because of sharding and the delete only being a "queue" so a delay of a few hours is expected- though Its been days, so I cant see it being that..

Any ideas?

Player DataAccount ManagementLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Deleting the player is not an instant action, as the player consist of many data. It would take a while to clean it up. And deleting players will queue the user account for deletion, the exact deletion time depends on how many player deletions are waiting, and how much data exists for those player accounts. If the queue is very full, it may take few days to delete.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David James avatar image David James commented ·

I understand the action is not instant, but a week delay makes the possibility of creating and deleting testing accounts impossible.. because I can't make any queries without returning an error.

These players have very minimal data, no linked accounts simply created with LoginWithCustomID.

I will have to figure out a way to ignore accounts that exists in leaderboards but are queued for deletion I guess.

They were used for development testing purposes which is really making me question if I will be able to make such tests again in a live game.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Neils Shi This issue still exists ~2 weeks now fyi.. Did I do something wrong running a Delete All Players task? They don't appear in the dashboard, but the number remains the same in another part of the UI, and they appear in the leaderboards daily.

Is there more I need to do? I don't want to open a new question since it's supposed to be answered, but after this long I think this must be a bug that may require further assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi David James commented ·

As mentioned earlier, if the queue is very full, it may take few days to delete. For your case, we recommend you call API ResetUserStatistics to completely remove all statistics for the specified user before deleting the player. If you want to reuse your login credentials (email address, device ID, Facebook account, etc.) immediately, you may also unlink the account before deleting it. Could you tell us more details about “the number remains the same in another part of the UI”? And are you using the Scheduled Task and action “Delete player” to delete the player?

0 Likes 0 ·
David James avatar image David James Neils Shi commented ·

I am running the "Delete All Players" task yes, I don't want to reuse any credentials as they are just random customIds used for testing.

I think we've established it's not the Queue responsible for players not being deleted entirely. Does the Delete All Players task not include deleting of statistics associated with said account? This feels like an oversight since statistics shouldn't exist without a player anyway, right?

To be clear I don't have access to these accounts since they were random Ids used for testing purposes when I thought running "Delete All Players" would clean them up afterwards.

Are you saying I need to manually trigger the Leaderboards so the deleted players appear in the dashboard with their Ids, and then manually remove all statistics from these Deleted Players? How would this even work since these are supposed to be deleted players, what account would playfab even reference to remove these statistics if the account isn't showing up in the dashboard anymore?

Here in the provided image you can see "the number remains the same in another part of the UI" more clearly.

bHngRKj.png

0 Likes 0 ·
David James avatar image
David James answered

I added a date filter so the leaderboards segment should only include players last logged in at a certain date. Still not ideal because it's hiding the issue rather than dealing with it..

Deleted players should be removed from segments, and not exist period (weeks after the delete task was called mind you) but it may work to get rid of errors and clean up the leaderboards for now.

10 |1200

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I think we've established it's not the Queue responsible for players not being deleted entirely. Does the Delete All Players task not include deleting of statistics associated with said account?

The "Delete All Players" task will delete the player’s Title player account and all player data which contains statistics. When the "Delete All Players" task finishes executing, You can check in Data explorer whether related events, such as " Player removed title " or " Player statistic deleted," were executed successfully. You can provide us with the event details and the screenshot about your leaderboards so that we can do some research.

Are you saying I need to manually trigger the Leaderboards so the deleted players appear in the dashboard with their Ids, and then manually remove all statistics from these Deleted Players?

No, I mean next time before deleting the player, you can call API ResetUserStatistics to completely remove players’ statistics so that it doesn't affect your testing. If the players have been deleted, there is no way to let them appear in the dashboard again.

3 comments
10 |1200

Here is the requested:

HLJt4Vl.png5VW40fg.pngqtyXKK8.png

0 Likes 0 ·
David James avatar image David James David James commented ·

call API ResetUserStatistics

Would this not be done after pressing Reset in the leaderboards page? It seems to only clear it temporarily. I will try ResetUserStatistics via postman if that's the way to do it, but it does seem like something that should be included in the Delete All Players operation.

As you will see above in the attached images the calls are being recorded (successfully?)

Please note, the current leaderboard does not contain the deleted players as I've put in place a date filter so as to not cause errors querying non existent players, but again this was just a hacky fix I know these players or at least their statistics still exist regardless of clicking the Reset button in leaderboards as you can see by the inconsistent Total Players screenshot I linked previously.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi David James commented ·

The leaderboard page’s Reset button is used to reset entire leaderboard statistic, and the ResetUserStatistics API is used to permanently and completely deletes all statistics for the specified user, they are different. From the screenshot you provided, the player has been successfully removed from the title. If there are deleted players who still exist on the leaderboard, could you provide details of the question player and leaderboard so we can do some research?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.