question

vfgdevelop avatar image
vfgdevelop asked

UE5 Steam Session dedicated server with Playfab,Unreal engine Steam dedicated server with Playfab hosting

Hello, I have UE5 dedicated server that creates Steam session. Then clients can use steam server browser to find server and connect session. It is working on my local computer with port forwarding. But I would like to upload that server to Playfab so players can play my game without me having to host it. Can I just upload my game server and it works similar than on my computer? Do I have to make other integrations like Playfab registering to clients?

I am using currently Steam advanced sessions plugin and Game instance (if server) creates that session. Then clients can find server on main menu and connect that session.

Thanks, Ville,I have UE5 dedicated server that creates Steam session. Then clients can use steam server browser to find server and connect session. It is working on my local computer with port forwarding. But I would like to upload that server to Playfab so players can play my game without me having to host it. Can I just upload my game server and it works similar than on my computer? Do I have to make other integrations like Playfab registering to clients?

I am using currently Steam advanced sessions plugin and Game instance (if server) creates that session. Then clients can find server on main menu and connect that session.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If you want to use PlayFab Multiplayer Server (MPS) service to host your game server, before you upload your game server, you have to integrate your game server with GSDK, you may refer to Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. And you may refer to Using PlayFab Multiplayer Servers to host multiplayer games - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to know how to use PlayFab Multiplayer Servers to host multiplayer game sessions.

I’m not familiar with Steam dedicated server. For MPS, typically, we will need to request a game server instance to get the server active and ready for players to connect. You may need to find your own way to integrate Steam server browser with MPS.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.