question

jyfdfryyt avatar image
jyfdfryyt asked

Is the ip addresses of the servers returned by ListQosServersForTitle immutable forever?

Is the ip addresses of the servers returned by ListQosServersForTitle immutable forever?

If I disable EntityApi on clients, they cannot call ListQosServersForTitle, so I want them to remember the ip addresses in advance. Is it still possible to do it that way?

If that is not possible, is there another better way? I'm thinking of a way to the Cloudscript get the addresses and return it to the client.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

No, IPs might change in the future.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The ListQosServerForTitle API will not return the Ip address, but the Server URL (it can be used to retrieve IP address but it’s mutable). And currently PlayFab does not provide a way to disable the Entity APIs. Also, may I know your reason for disabling Entity APIs?

1 comment
10 |1200

jyfdfryyt avatar image jyfdfryyt commented ·

My understanding is that the EntityAPI should not be called on the client. The reason I think so is because I think hackers might modify the script and use EntityAPI to cheat. I plan to disable AdminAPI,ServerAPI and EntityAPI when building for the client, am I wrong?

-1 Like -1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.