question

mangelhoyostimba avatar image
mangelhoyostimba asked

Email verification not being sent

Hello,

I'm trying to set a verification email system using playfab, right now i'm following the documentation for playfab to do that (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address) and did all the steps correctly, the thing is when i update a user contact email he doesnt receive any emails for the verification process (even though i created the email template and implemented it in the automation for the updated contact email event), i've already checked that the contact email is succesfuly updated and it's even in a "Unverified" state.

I'm currently using my gmail account for the SMTP for testing with the correst host name (smtp.gmail.com) the port 587 and listed the username as the email adress and the password is the one i have for the gmail account. I also checked in the Data Explorer and i see it was "sended" but i don't see anything.

6203-imagen-2023-07-27-121046377.png

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As Using a Rule to Verify a Contact Email Address - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn mentions that : “The Verification Status could be Unverified, if the verification email was not sent out yet, but will move to the Pending state as soon as the email is sent.” So, you may not have successfully sent the email. You can check the event details via data explorer, if the email is not sent successfully, you can provide the error message with us so that we can do some research.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.