question

Raf avatar image
Raf asked

Is .NET 7 supported by the Server API?

Hi!

I've asked a related question early but maybe I should try to be more direct:

Is .NET 7 supported when making PlayFabServerInstanceAPI calls from Azure Functions?

I finally was able to run ExecuteFunction locally but I had to change the class myself to handle the .NET 7 new Http classes.

Once actually running from Azure, I'm getting this error:

he remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch

Is it possible that the ExecuteFunction method in PlayFab's server is not reading the headers correctly since it's coming from a .NET 7 environment?

Any help would be tremendously valuable as it's been days now that I'm trying to make this work. Thanks

apissdksCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Raf avatar image
Raf answered

Ok! Turns out the error was coming from the credentials of the FunctionContext not being set properly when initiating PlayFabServerInstanceAPI, as I was just not parsing the ClientSessionTicket correctly.

It took way longer for me to figure it out than I'd like to admit but once that was resolved our Azure Functions v4 started running properly on .NET 7 (isolated)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

I'm glad you solved it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.