question

chorustempo avatar image
chorustempo asked

Read request for all KVPs in title data via blueprint?

I've created a new question for this part, as it involves Title Data KVPs.

I want to request read access to the KVPs stored in the title data via Unreal blueprint. There are 27 KVPs stored in total, but the request will only need data from 9 of those.

1. Is it easier to request all of the KVPs in one request and then break up the data strings on the client side to pick out the 9 required ones? OR Should I specify the 9 KVP keys that I need to read, so it only returns these?

2. Based on the above, how do I do that? If I want all the KVPs, I leave 'key' blank. But if I want 9 specific ones, can I just put them all in there? Like KVP1, KVP2, KVP3, KVP4... ?

3. How do I break up the returned json data and turn it into one or more string variables that I can use? 6185-titledatarequest.png

Title Dataunreal
titledatarequest.png (282.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

According to your previous post, it seems that you want to use Title Data as a global variable, but this is inappropriate. As Title Data mentions “Title Data values are copied and distributed to potentially hundreds of machines in the PlayFab server cluster. As part of this process, Title Data is cached, and changes may take up to fifteen minutes to refresh in those caches. Title Data is best suited for Global Constant/Static Data and is not suitable or reliable as Global Variables.” You may need to use an external database to implement your function.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chorustempo avatar image chorustempo commented ·

Ok, thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.