question

Rachmatilovski Valdio Pratama avatar image
Rachmatilovski Valdio Pratama asked

Need help with multiplayer server Target Standby and Maximum

Hello I need help with setting up standby server

This machine has been running maximum standby server of 10 since started even when I set 5 maximum initially.

I want to set the standby server to 0 outside the work hour but it's still showing 10 standby

6182-image.png

Can you help me with how to correctly set this up?

If possible also teach me how to enable at least 2 servers on work hour every day with maximum of 4 using the override because I don't think it's working for me now.

Thank you

Custom Game Servers
image.png (6.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The server instances are running on Virtual Machines (VM), “server per machine” will affect the number of server instance that running on one VM, and MPS will start a VM for you even you just need one sever instance. So, may I know the number of “server per machine”? And below is how the current standby server calculate:

Total Needed VM= [Rounded up (Maximum server/Servers Per Machine)].

Maximum Current Standby Server = Total Needed VM *Server Per Machine.

If Target Standby Server <= Maximum Current Standby Server - Active Server, Current Standby Server = Target Standby Server.

If Target Standby Server > Maximum Current Standby Server - Active Server, Current Standby server= Maximum Server - Active Server.

>>I want to set the standby server to 0 outside the work hour but it's still showing 10 standby. Can you help me with how to correctly set this up?

You can set the target standby server to 0 outside the work hour so that the number of standby servers will be 0. This may take sometimes to make effect, and if there still have standby servers in Server page. Could you please provide your titleIdfor us to research? And you may try to create a new server build to see if the issue persists.

>>If possible also teach me how to enable at least 2 servers on work hour every day with maximum of 4 using the override because I don't think it's working for me now.

This requirement related to the “server per machine”. For example, If you set the server per machine to 2, then you only need to set the target standby server to 2 and maximum to 4. In this case, there will be at least 2 servers on work hour every day with maximum of 4. But if you set the server per machine to 10, even you set the maximum to 1 and target standby server to 1, MPS will start a VM for you and there will be 10 standby servers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.