question

yaezah avatar image
yaezah asked

Modifying PlayFab user's game currency with PHP?,Modifying player info via PHP?

Hello,

My game has a screen where players can enter an amount of game currency they would like to deposit or withdraw and it sends that data to a PHP page as a table with the user's account name, total current points, and points to withdraw or deposit, then an admin can log into that page and accept or deny those request. My question is , can I use PHP to modify the playfab user's points?

For example, if a user sends a withdraw transaction and admin hits the checkmark to accept the transaction then it deducts those points from their playfab account's game currency, and if it is a deposit type transaction and admin accepts it it adds those points?

Hello,

My game has a screen where players can enter an amount of game currency they would like to deposit or withdraw and it sends that data to a PHP page as a table with the user's account name, total current points, and points to withdraw or deposit, then an admin can log into that page and accept or deny those request. My question is , can I use PHP to modify the playfab user's points?

For example, if a user sends a withdraw transaction and admin hits the checkmark to accept the transaction then it deducts those points from their playfab account's game currency, and if it is a deposit type transaction and admin accepts it it adds those points?

Player DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Regardless of the language or the client device, the only question is, can you make an SSL call from it. Here's a good post that talks about doing so from PHP: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9138898/php-login-with-ssl.

Once you're able to make SSL calls successfully, you can use our Web API to make any calls you need. The key will be to make certain that only those who should have access to your Secret Key are able to get to it, as the Secret Key allows a developer to make configuration changes to the title directly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.