question

Arran avatar image
Arran asked

LinkSteamAccount failing but LoginWithSteam is working

Hi,

I'm seeing some strange behaviour when trying to use LinkSteamAccount, however LoginWithSteam is working perfectly fine.

The error I am receiving is:

Steam API AuthenticateUserTicket error response: {"response":{"error":{"errorcode":101,"errordesc":"Invalid ticket"}}} for authentication ticket

The flow that I am trying to implement is as follows:

1. Create account on Android device using LoginWithGooglePlayGamesServices

2. Add email/pass credentials on device using AddUsernamePassword

3. Login on Steam using LoginWithEmailAddress

4. Link Steam account using LinkSteamAccount -- this is where it fails ❌

Interestingly, the inverse flow is working perfectly:

1. Create account on Steam using LoginWithSteam

2. Add email/pass credentials on Steam using AddUsernamePassword

3. Login on Android device using LoginWithEmailAddress

4. Link google play account using LinkGooglePlayGamesServicesAccount

I'm using the same mechanism to get the steam ticket in both cases.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Authentication
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Arran avatar image Arran commented ·

For anyone else who is finding this...

I improved the stability by caching and reusing the session ticket for subsequent requests instead of generating a new ticket each time.

I do sometimes still see the odd 101 Invalid Ticket error, it seems to be random so I suggest catching it and retrying.

Finally, something else I came across that might be useful to know... when you are finished with a session ticket, you can cancel/clean it up using SteamUser.CancelAuthTicket(ticket), more details here. - But be careful to not call it if you are still using it otherwise you may kill the connection between PlayFab <> Steam.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Arran commented ·

Thanks for you sharing.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The 101 (Invalid ticket) error is coming from the Steam Service, and PlayFab just simply use Steam ticket to authenticate with Valve. You may refer to LinkSteamAccount error 101 - Playfab Community to troubleshoot your issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.