question

rafalswiech3 avatar image
rafalswiech3 asked

NewlyCreated = false with new Title

Hi,

Is this normal that when I create new Title under my Playfab account and login with same facebook account that I have used for another title the account newlycreated variable in result is false?

Also I cannot create new account using same email account for different titles. For example under title1 I have created account with Email and I cannot create new account with same email on Title2.

Please give me some suggestions.

Best regards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct. The player account is across all titles via the Publisher ID, so that you can have consistent information on the user in your analytics, and so that any credentials they've linked to their PlayFab account can be used to get back to their account in any of your games. This also allows you to share data across titles for the player (player publisher data), for things like cross-title rewards.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rafalswiech3 avatar image rafalswiech3 commented ·

OK. Is there any variable similar to newlycreated that gives me information that it's first login for specified title so I can set init variables in my game?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rafalswiech3 commented ·

What I would recommend is using a PlayStream Rule to trigger a Cloud Script handler that sets the values you need. The first time the player logs into a given title, you'll always get the player_added_title event (https://api.playfab.com/playstream/events/player_added_title).

0 Likes 0 ·
rafalswiech3 avatar image rafalswiech3 brendan commented ·

OK. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
rafalswiech3 avatar image rafalswiech3 commented ·

Ok. Its there any variable similar to newlycreated that give me information that its first login for specified title?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rafalswiech3 commented ·

Yes, the player_added_title event is sent the first time the player signs into a title.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.