question

James Cooper (SI) avatar image
James Cooper (SI) asked

Building PlayFab for Mac

Hi,

We're investigating PlayFab Party as a networking service. One of or requirements is to support cross-platform play on all of our platforms, including Mac.

I can see that PlayFabParty has a Mac SDK but I can't see one for PlayFab. The XPlatCppSDK does have an IOS project but it doesn't have a Mac one. I imagine I could probably modify the IOS project to build for Mac but I was wondering if there's a better way to build for Mac?

Thanks, James

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Although our documentation has not been updated, the XPlatCppSdk already supports MacOS now.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Cooper (SI) avatar image James Cooper (SI) commented ·

Doesn't PlayFab Party require the base PlayFab SDK to work? The docs say it does and you need to call some PlayFab functions before the Party stuff.

PlayFab Party has a Mac SDK and says it supports Mac in the documentation. What's the intended method of using PlayFab Party on Mac without the PlayFab SDK? Is there a guide for this anywhere?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi James Cooper (SI) commented ·

Sorry for the misunderstanding before, although our documentation has not been updated, the XPlatCppSdk already supports MacOS now. For more info, you can refer to https://github.com/PlayFab/XPlatCoreTemplate/pull/154 .

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.