question

Dilhan Amarasinghe avatar image
Dilhan Amarasinghe asked

Can't find the Lobbies Created with PFMultiplayerCreateAndJoinLobby

Hello!

I'm having an issue with Lobbies where I can't find the lobbies after Creating and Joining them with PFMultiplayerCreateAndJoinLobby, Lobbies are successfully created and I don't get any errors with PFLobbyCreateAndJoinLobbyCompletedStateChange result.

When I call PFMultiplayerFindLobbies on another instance with filters set to none, It always returns 0 lobbies.

Also I wonder if there is a way to see the created lobbies in the PlayFab Developer Dashboard ?

multiplayer
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

Could you tell me which SDK you are using? And you can tell us more detail about how you create/find the lobby.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dilhan Amarasinghe avatar image Dilhan Amarasinghe commented ·

Hi @Neils Shi , Thanks for the reply. I'm using Multiplayer SDK Version 1.5.0 which I got from here https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabMultiplayer/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Here's how I create the lobby

PFLobbyCreateConfiguration xLobbyConfiguration{};
 xLobbyConfiguration.maxMemberCount = uMaxMembers;
 xLobbyConfiguration.searchPropertyCount = xLobbySearchableAttributes.GetPropertyCount();
 xLobbyConfiguration.searchPropertyKeys = xLobbySearchableAttributes.GetKeyList();
 xLobbyConfiguration.searchPropertyValues = xLobbySearchableAttributes.GetValueList();

PFLobbyJoinConfiguration xCreatorConfig{};
 xCreatorConfig.memberPropertyCount = 0;

const PFMultiplayerHandle& xHandle = PlayFabClient::GetMultiplayerHandle(); // This gets the multiplayer handle from initialiser class
 const PFEntityKey& xEntityKey = PlayFabClient::GetLocalUserEntity();

HRESULT xError = PFMultiplayerCreateAndJoinLobby(
                 xHandle,
                 &xEntityKey,
                 &xLobbyConfiguration,
                 &xCreatorConfig,
                 nullptr,
                 &m_xLobbyHandle);
0 Likes 0 ·
Dilhan Amarasinghe avatar image Dilhan Amarasinghe commented ·

And Here's how I find them

PFLobbySearchFriendsFilter xFriendsFilter = { 0 };

// Limit results based on friend's filter.
     PFLobbySearchConfiguration xSearchConfiguration = { 0 };
     xSearchConfiguration.friendsFilter = &xFriendsFilter;
     xSearchConfiguration.filterString = xFilter.GetFilterString(); // I tried keeping this an empty string too

const PFMultiplayerHandle& xHandle = PlayFab_Client::GetMultiplayerHandle();
     const PFEntityKey& xEntityKey = PlayFab_Client::GetLocalUserEntity();

HRESULT xError = PFMultiplayerFindLobbies(xHandle, &xEntityKey, &xSearchConfiguration, nullptr);

I get the results of lobbies like this

from PFLobbyStateChangeType::FindLobbiesCompleted event

void PlayFab_Lobby::OnFindLobbiesCompleted(const PFLobbyFindLobbiesCompletedStateChange& xStateChange)
 {
 // xStateChange.searchResultCount is always 0
 }

None of these calls return errors, The Async events return successfully as well. But Search result for the lobby is always 0

Not sure if it's important but I'm using PlayFab's LoginWithCustomID to Log in PlayFab

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Dilhan Amarasinghe commented ·

I notice that you have submitted a support ticket, and one of our engineers will contact you.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.