question

Tahir avatar image
Tahir asked

Where/How to update to TLS 1.2/1.3

Hello, Sorry for the potentially amateur question.

I recently received this warning:

We’ve identified you have one or more titles that have made more than 100,000 requests over TLS 1.0 or 1.1 in the last 30 days. Please take the necessary steps to update to TLS 1.2 or 1.3 to ensure there are no disruptions to your titles—which may include game play interruption.

My game communicates with playfab via a windows dedicated servers and a webgl app running on 2 domains, both of which are using TLS 1.2 or higher:

6113-screenshot-1.jpg 6121-screenshot-2.jpg

This is not my area of expertise so I am trying to find out where I am using TLS 1.0/1.1 and how do I go about updating it.

Could it be my windows server that are communicating via TLS 1.0/1.1?

OR

Is this a unity related setting? Something related to my secured webgl clients?

unity3dsdksCustom Game Servers
screenshot-1.jpg (5.0 KiB)
screenshot-2.jpg (5.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

According to the Unity - Manual: .NET profile support (unity3d.com), it indicates that Unity provides full TLS 1.2 support on all platforms except WebGL, and WebGL uses the security settings from the browser the application runs in and the web server instead. Since I'm not an expert at Unity/WebGL, you may ask Unity Support for further assistance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.