question

tjyads avatar image
tjyads asked

Client disconnects when moving to the ready state

I am using Unity and Mirror to setup a server where the server is hosted on Playfab and clients can connect to that active server. Currently my server gets to Playfab just fine and a client can call it and move it from the standby state to the active state. After that the client shows that it is connected to the server's IP address and does not disconnect at all but once I move the client from connected to the "ready state" the client instantly disconnects. Also, during this time the server never shows that there is any active players on the server but I am assuming that's because a client cannot get past the ready state.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

To update the list of players, you need to call the UpdateConnectedPlayers GSDK method. Not sure what the “ready” state is, is this something Unity/Mirror related?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tjyads avatar image tjyads commented ·

while using Mirror when a client goes through the connection process they first connect to the server and then will be marked as ready, looking at the code it seems that ready and add player are the same. I'll see if what you had mentioned is being done as well or if that would be covered by successfully getting the player in the ready state.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.