question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

500 Server Error when calling LinkFacebookAccount from client.

Dear PlayFab community,

(Latest PlayFab Unity SDK and C#.)

We are working through the login flow for our application. We create users via LoginWithCustomID where CreateAccount = true, and we can see the newly-created users in Game Manager.

When we try to use the LinkFacebookAccount where ForceLink = true, we are getting a 500 Server Error returned from PlayFab. When we set ForceLink = false, PlayFab is indicating that there is a player that already has the target FacebookID established.

We believe that old link is from a player that we've deleted from the Game Manager. That is, we're concerned that the player did not successfully unlink from the various services before the player was deleted.

We would like to be able to use ForceLink = true to successfully unlink from the old (deleted?) player and set it on the currently-logged in user. We think that there is likely a bug in this area that needs to address this use case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

apis
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rho Jeong Ho avatar image Rho Jeong Ho commented ·

I have the same problem.

Currently I use "Facebook SDK V7.10.0", "Unity 2017.1.0 p5" and "Latest PlayFab Unity SDK"

I have called LinkFacebookAccount using the ForceLink = true parameter, resulting in a 500 error.

I would appreciate your help.

I have the same problem.

I'm using "Facebook SDK V7.10.0", "Unity 2017.1.0 p5"and the latest PlayFab Unity SDK.

I called the LinkFacebookAccount function with ForceLink = true.

please help me too.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The issue is indeed that the old account was deleted, but only because it was deleted shortly before this attempt. When player accounts are deleted, they are put in a queue to be cleaned up - that includes unlinking all account types from it. However, that queue can take some time to process, depending on how many accounts are waiting to be deleted across the shared service. It's done this way in order to allow you to delete accounts quickly, rather than waiting on (potentially) many operations. So the Facebook account should be cleaned up for re-use at this point. If you want to re-use Facebook accounts (or other account types, Device IDs, etc.) immediately after deleting a player account, I'd have to recommend unlinking them before deleting the account.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

Thank you for confirming! And, while we test, we'll go ahead and manually unlink before deleting.

0 Likes 0 ·
evazquez avatar image evazquez commented ·

We ara having the same problem ( question redirected to this topic ) but in our case we are never deleting player accounts so the problem shouldn't be related to deletion

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan evazquez commented ·

Can you please provide the full error message, including the errorDetails?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What is the Title ID, and what is the Custom ID in your test, so that we can have a look?

2 comments
10 |1200

Rho Jeong Ho avatar image Rho Jeong Ho commented ·

My Title ID is 2754,

and PlayFabId trying to login with facebook is 169D3F22739727A0.

I have confirmed that when I login to facebook I succeeded in obtaining token normally.

this is log cat information.

1. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697): LinkFacebookAccount - ServiceUnavailable

2. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697):

3. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

4. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697): LinkFacebookAccount - 500 Internal Server Error

5. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697):

6. 09-11 18:01:40.080: I/Unity(10697): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

My Title ID 44B1, Custom ID:0BF0DF9A-7AF9-52D0-8FE9-31E77ABF2B84, and PlayFab ID:B3E77EBEF8A9A3E8.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.