question

Victor Burgos avatar image
Victor Burgos asked

Unable to search the player list via PlayFabID.

So basically, in the game manager, I was trying to figure out how to deal out some temp bans for my game. The issue was that on the server I was on, I only receive PlayFabIDs that are conveniently copy-pastable...if only they could be used readily... I tried to input it into the Player Search field and couldn't do jack with it.

Luckily, I knew they were on the leaderboards and was able to click their name through that... but that was lucky on my part. I would like to see the PlayFabIDs clickable to go straight to the Player Profile instead of copy/paste, since that seems rather useless at the moment (at least for game manager searching purposes).

But, it would be also nice to easily see the names of the players in the server list. I'm talking about Multiplayer->Server->Builds->Server->SessionID. So I called it the server, but I guess it's the session ID, but to me it's one and the same :)

Connected players should be clickable to their player profile but also, it would be nice to just see their names if they have one associated with Playfab if possible.

Thanks so much!

Custom Game Serversmultiplayergame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The connected players list can display players’ name, as they are just strings controlled by developers. Refer to Giving PlayFab information about your game server - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

6083-image.png

image.png (6.1 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Victor Burgos avatar image Victor Burgos commented ·

I finally got around to doing this! I didn't realize someone had made it PlayFabIDs, okay... but then we have the issue that it only shows the first 20 characters (on the server player list), but the PlayFab character limit is a higher limit:

https://learn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/update-user-title-display-name?view=playfab-rest

New title display name for the user - must be between 3 and 25 characters.

So it basically now cuts off the full name. Is there a way to change that on our end or a bug to fix on yours? Thanks so much!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.