question

oathswornsoftware avatar image
oathswornsoftware asked

Sign in with Apple Nonce Reuse Error after update

Hiya,

Need some help here please as I have been at it for at least a week!

After retrieving the ID token from Apple I keep getting Error NotAuthorised Token nonce reuse is not permitted nonce values must be unique, etc etc.

I have checked the ID token and they are different every sign in so I am very confused.

The ID is the same every time (Obviously) Raw Nonce is 00000000000000000000000000000 (not using this anyway)

I have upgraded a project from UE 5.1 to UE 5.2 and updated the plugin. This still works fine on the App Currently published on the App Store.

I have tried

1. copying the Playfab plugin to the plugins folder in the project.

2. Adding a "do once node" incase i am double firing (yes in desperation)

3. Rebuild a new project

4. Deleted all intermediate and build folders and rebuilding

5. Deleted and rewrote the Playfab login flow in my app.

6. Tried a different Apple ID

7. Viewed the IDTokens from the device to ensure they were different.

Thanks for any insights in advance!

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since the error message indicates that you are reusing nonces. You can try logging in Apple with a different nonce to see if the problem persists.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oathswornsoftware avatar image oathswornsoftware commented ·

Initially thought this was a poor answer as I was using a plugin and was told the nonce was randomly generated.

Turns out that this answer prompted me to do more digging and after a bit of back and forth with the plugin developer the plugin I was using had developed a bug!

2 Likes 2 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.