question

Ian Underwood avatar image
Ian Underwood asked

LoginWithSteam DownstreamServiceUnavailable

Hi, my title is currently in development and has beta testing players on Steam. They've been successfully logging in each day and playing thru Steam for months, until today, when suddenly they've been unable to, getting the error from "PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithSteam": 400: DownstreamServiceUnavailable.

The build on Steam, nor the Playfab configuration, changed to prompt this error; the issue happened suddenly over the weekend. I'm at a loss for how to resolve this and get the game playable again.

My title ID is 3BB27. ,Hi, my title is currently in development and has beta testing players on Steam. They've been successfully logging in each day and playing thru Steam for months, until today, when suddenly they've been unable to, getting the error from "PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithSteam": 400: DownstreamServiceUnavailable.

The build on Steam, nor the Playfab configuration, changed to prompt this error; the issue happened suddenly over the weekend. I'm at a loss for how to resolve this and get the game playable again.

My title ID is 3BB27.

sdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benjamin Bennett avatar image Benjamin Bennett commented ·

I'm experiencing the same thing on my end with my game. It seems like it's a failure on Steam's end perhaps? Some sort of communication between PlayFab and Steam is failing with their authentication endpoints.

I hope they resolve it soon!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to DownstreamServiceUnavailable (1127), this error indicates that PlayFab or a third-party service might be having a temporary issue. Since there is a Steam outage reported in the last 24 hours, refer to Steam down? Current network status and problems | Downdetector. So this issue may be related to it, please continue to monitor this issue to see if it persists after the Steam fixes the issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.