question

cobra20621 avatar image
cobra20621 asked

Check if a player exceeds the maximum number of incorrect password attempts.

I'm developing the login system. If a player exceeds the maximum number of incorrect password attempts (5 times), I want to exit the application to prevent bot attacks.

Due to information security reasons, I am unable to check the number of incorrect password attempts directly in Unity. Currently, the only solution I can think of to implement this functionality is by writing Cloud Scripts to call the LoginAndCheckPasswordAttempts function.

Are there any alternative approaches to achieve this goal?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Currently, PlayFab does not provide the ability to check the number of login attempts and our Cloud Scripts requires a login before executing, so you cannot use Cloud Scripts to check the failed login attempts. Such functionality may require a custom login system.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cobra20621 avatar image cobra20621 commented ·

Does the custom login system mean that I need to build a login system without PlayFab? Or I can build it based on some PlayFab functions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi cobra20621 commented ·

The function “checking the number of login attempts” you should implement it without PlayFab. About login part, you can use PlayFab login API to login.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.