question

juergenoswald avatar image
juergenoswald asked

SerializationException: Invalid JSON string PlayFab.Json.PlayFabSimpleJson.DeserializeObject

Disclaimer: I'm also posting this as new topic because the answer-functionality in this board is broken apparently and I wanted to raise awareness that this seems to be a serious issue affecting more developers.

As others have noted I'm also seeing this exception heavily since around June 8th. To repeat, this is affecting a huge number of our players (#1 exceptions filtered by affected users) and it started to appear out of nowhere (no app update or anything).

PlayFab SDK Version: 2.90.200713 Unity Version: 2021.3.19f1

Callstack: PlayFab.Json.PlayFabSimpleJson.DeserializeObject (System.String json) (at :0) PlayFab.Json.PlayFabSimpleJson.DeserializeObject (System.String json, System.Type type, PlayFab.Json.IJsonSerializerStrategy jsonSerializerStrategy) (at :0) PlayFab.Json.PlayFabSimpleJson.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String json, PlayFab.Json.IJsonSerializerStrategy jsonSerializerStrategy) (at :0) PlayFab.Internal.PlayFabUnityHttp.OnResponse (System.String response, PlayFab.Internal.CallRequestContainer reqContainer) (at :0) PlayFab.Internal.PlayFabUnityHttp+d_12.MoveNext () (at :0) UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at :0) PlayFab.Internal.PlayFabUnityHttp:OnResponse(String, CallRequestContainer) PlayFab.Internal.d_12:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I did some test using the version of PlayFab SDK and Unity that you provided, but I can't reproduce your issue. Could you share more information about this issue? like which API you used and how to reproduce this issue. Also, please provide your Title Id with us so that we can do some research.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.