question

Stephan avatar image
Stephan asked

Creating Timed events

I am trying to create a timed playstream event, meaning it triggers after X amount of time. I have many use-cases for such timers, but here is three;

Example 1; A player completes a level, and after 10 minutes, they should receive a new item. Example 2; A player receives a chest, but it is locked and cannot be opened until 30 minutes has passed. Once the time has passed, a few things should happen, and a push notification should be sent. Example 3; A player has an item which can only be used (in-game) once per 30 minutes, and the player should receive a push notification that the item is ready for use.

I have been experimenting with timed consumables but it appears that all the events happen immediately when the item is handed to the player, and not after the expected amount of time. I have tried to get this to work with Rules, having a rule trigger when an item is deleted from the inventory, but it does not appear to be deleted when the item is no longer valid.

This is a critical feature for our game, and I was really hoping to not have a custom server for just these timers.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Timed consumables items are configured to auto-consume after a specific time from the initial grant to the player, but when the auto-consumed items are expired, no playstream events will be generated. So, you cannot use it to trigger rules. Currently, PlayFab does not support creating timed events, you may need to use custom server to implement it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.