question

Feez avatar image
Feez asked

How to start matchmaking with friends?

I'm trying to create a system to start matchmaking tickets with friends. There is a lobby and party and create group option and I'm getting confused, I can't find a solution for this and how should this implement?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Fundamentally, groups have been created as a solution for guilds, you can refer to PlayFab guild solution for more info. The Lobby is used to create a temporary grouping mechanism for players to play games together. After you create the Lobby, you can invite your friends to join, then you can match together. Also, the Lobby is used seamlessly with PlayFab LiveOps and backend services. This includes PlayFab Matchmaking, PlayFab Multiplayer Servers. You can refer to Use Lobby and Matchmaking Together for more detail. So, for your case, the Lobby is more suitable for players to play game with friends. Azure PlayFab Party is a low-latency chat and data communication solution for cross-platform and cross-device multiplayer games. You can refer to Party Features for more detail. Since PlayFab Lobby doesn't provide chat function, you can use PlayFab Party to implement it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

This may be theoretically true, but the SDKs don't match this flow for Unreal. For Unreal, what is the flow? Since the core SDK is incomplete for lobby/matchmaking for non-legacy accounts, you directed people to the OSS SDK in 2022+. However, the I heard your OSS implementation doesn't support premade groups to matchmake with? Can you confirm this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.