question

mwillows avatar image
mwillows asked

Add player to title using master account

We have a variety of titles and in those titles a player may earn rewards that are available or useable in other titles. I have no problems with granting those rewards across the different titles if they player has already created accounts on the different titles, however there is the case where the player has only created (logged in to) an account on one of the titles.

Is there a way to create a player account on the other titles using the master player account Id? I believe I can do it using the client sdk and logging them in with a fake password and the email they used for the 1st account, but then their password would be incorrect and I can't see a way of reconciling that. Is there any other way? Perhaps using customID's, i.e. if I grant them a customID on one title can I use it to log in another title?

I suppose I could also create the account on all the games when they log in to any given game since I have the email/password at that point, but that won't help with future games in many cases (or for the existing player base) and also creates a headache with our various dev/state/production instances.

Thanks for any help.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Is there a way to create a player account on the other titles using the master player account Id?

The master_player_account is a player entity that is shared by all titles within your studio. If the player uses the same login credential to log in to another title, there will be a new title account added into the title with the same master player account as the original title.

If I grant them a customID on one title can I use it to log in another title?

Yes. After you grant player a customID on Title A, you can use this customID to log in to Title B via API LoginWithCustomID. These two accounts have the same master player account. If player have a recoverable login method to this account, then player can use this method to login both Titles.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.