question

epp avatar image
epp asked

Why do archived servers logs disappeared?

I'm investigating session issue, but I can't find session logs. Issue was today approximately between 02:00-03:00.

I looked at archived servers log, but there is limit for 120 records and earliest at 04:01

I looked at ListArchivedMultiplayerServersAsync, but there is limit for 145 records and earliest at 04:11 (I sent request with PageSize=1000)

GetMultiplayerSessionLogsBySessionIdAsync method returns "No record found for the session" (for other sessions everything is fine)

How I can get early logs? Why do logs disappeared?

Additional info: Title: 5FA5C Build: a2f2ea53-8755-4724-bc54-3dfa79ca3338 Session: e00f0506-8792-4471-972e-400e65f283ba

PS: it feels a bit similar to https://community.playfab.com/questions/29945/archived-games-logs-disappearing.html but it was fixed

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris Gkanatsios answered

there might be (rare) times that the VM goes down unexpectedly. In this case, we might not be able to grab logs, unfotunately.

If you are interested in getting logs in a streaming fashion, you can take a look here: https://github.com/PlayFab/VmStartupScriptGallery

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

To retrieve server logs, you can refer to Archiving and retrieving multiplayer server logs - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to get server logs. If you want to get earlier server logs, you can call ListArchivedMultiplayerServers API with SkipToken to get earlier ServerId , then call GetMultiplayerServerLogs API with ServerId to get earlier logs. Additionally, these logs are kept for 28 days after the termination of your game server.

1 comment
10 |1200

epp avatar image epp commented ·

@Xiao Zha I did everything but still no logs

Details:

To retrieve server logs, you can refer to Archiving and retrieving multiplayer server logs - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to get server logs

It shows only last 120 records (like yesterday)

If you want to get earlier server logs, you can call ListArchivedMultiplayerServers API with SkipToken to get earlier ServerId

Ok, SkipToken works fine, but there is no server for needed session

However, I got ServerId (a8a377e4fc7fda45fb7d4fdcd9f5f080fe6e54b1a59269ab3a157420c84503b4) from Data Explorer (advanced)

then call GetMultiplayerServerLogs API with ServerId to get earlier logs. Additionally, these logs are kept for 28 days after the termination of your game server.

I called method with correct ServerId but get error "No record found for the server"

Is there any other option to get logs?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.