question

Fausto Bernardini avatar image
Fausto Bernardini asked

Slow Statistic updates

Slow leaderboard statistic updates have been reported several times in the past.

I observed similar long delays on June 4, between 10:30am and noon Eastern Time. The UpdatePlayerStatistics call was successful, but the leaderboard did not reflect the new values for ~40 minutes. The next day it happened again, with a ~5 minute delay. In both cases it went back to normal after a while.

The PlayFab status report shows 100% uptime for those days.

Are the update times monitored and reported? is there a SLO? Is there anything I could do on my end?

These delays impact user experience. Are they being addressed?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Leaderboard update delays are usually due to overall delays in PlayStream, but it should be rare and closely monitored. You did not find the relevant report in PlayFab status, most likely because the issue was resolved quickly and wasn't reported.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.