question

shayeghmahmoud avatar image
shayeghmahmoud asked

How to run multiple Server on PlayFab with different Level or Map?

Hello, I made a test game with Unreal Engine and made two levels in it and exported two servers with separate default maps and in the Build Server section of the PlayFab service I made two separate servers for them and uploaded them. And I created a separate MatchMaking Queue for each of them. And when running the game, the first server will run correctly and Matchmaking will run and the level will open. But to run the second server, MatchMaking is made, but the level does not run and does not enter the server. But IPV4ADDRESS is made quite right. please guide me. How can I run two different levels for my game? Is my method correct? what is the problem?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

It looks like you've built a separate server for each of these two levels and created separate matching queues for them. If so, the two servers do not affect each other. After the matchmaking is complete, you can call the API RequestMultiplayerServer and pass in the “BuildId” parameter to specify which server you want to request. Alternatively, you can active the “server allocation” for the queue, it allow you specify a server build directly for the matchmaking queue, please refer to Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers for more info. Since the two servers do not affect each other, we recommend you first debug the game server which went wrong locally, you can refer to Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab for more detail. If it works locally but fails after deployment, you can connect directly to debug the game server.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.