question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

How do I get some friend's special userdata, after called GetLeaderboard method.

Ethan.Wong
started a topic on Tue, 22 September 2015 at 7:46 PM

I want to show the Level in the leaderboard. But my leaderboard is ordered by SCORE.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer **
**Brendan Vanous
said on Tue, 06 Oct at 12:33 AM

Hi Ethan,

Correct, leaderboards are a single column, containing the user's score. If your goal is to display both at the same time, you could query for the additional data when the user clicks on a player (displaying extra info for the specific player) by querying it from that user's data.

Alternately, there's a Feature Request item for custom fields on leaderboard entries, here: hhttps://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206730237-Request-Custom-Fields-in-Leaderboard-Results. If that's what you need, please do add your voice to that thread, so that we're tracking accurately on who all has asked for each feature.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 06 Oct at 12:33 AM

Hi Ethan,

Correct, leaderboards are a single column, containing the user's score. If your goal is to display both at the same time, you could query for the additional data when the user clicks on a player (displaying extra info for the specific player) by querying it from that user's data.

Alternately, there's a Feature Request item for custom fields on leaderboard entries, here: https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206730237-Request-Custom-Fields-in-Leaderboard-Results. If that's what you need, please do add your voice to that thread, so that we're tracking accurately on who all has asked for each feature.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hassen Maghroum avatar image
Hassen Maghroum answered

Hi Brendan,

The link is no more working, i have the same needs of Ethan, i need to show few info in the leaderboard and friend list tab in my game, what is the best practice to do it?

Thanks.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - I've updated the link in the above post to update it for the new support site.

For your friends list tab, you can grab the essentials from the GetFriendsList call, so one way to do this right now is to make one call to that and one to GetFriendLeaderboard (or GetFriendLeaderboardAroundCurrentUser, or GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer), and display the aggregate info.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.