question

srikargoggi avatar image
srikargoggi asked

How to get a list of friends (including non Playfab accounts)

As far as i understood, PlayFabClientAPI.GetFriendsList is restricted only to Players who have signed up. Is there a way i can get the list of all friends and hopefully distinguish if a particular friend has linked with Playfab or not i.e, a Player who has already signed up or not.

I want to achieve something similar to the following:
Display all friends in a window and invite those who haven't played the game with their fb/steam accounts.

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As far as the internal PlayFab friends list is concerned, that's not a problem - friends are at the Publisher ID level with the account credentials. So, since all games in your studio share a Publisher ID by default, you can see anyone you added to the friends list via AddFriend.

For platform provider friend lists, like Facebook and Steam, those providers have very specific rules on how you're allowed to use the friends. In most cases, social networks will not allow you to show friends who haven't also played the same game. In Facebook's case, they have a specific system for being able to message players on your friends list, but who haven't yet played the game, which is exclusively allowed on Canvas titles. Our friends integrations with platform providers are designed to never violate the providers' terms of service.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

srikargoggi avatar image srikargoggi commented ·

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.