question

pigggglet avatar image
pigggglet asked

Pricing question

Hey! I'm quite a newbie and not clearly understand, how the playfab pricing works. I'll be in a free basic tier unless my game got 1000 users. So, when it will be 1002 (for example) i will be charged 300$ per month, right?

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the 1,000 user mark is unrelated to the free tier. To help make sure this is very clear, we updated the footnote of that page last week to read

*In the Professional tier, your game is considered "live" when you have 1,000 registered players, or after the launch date you specify to PlayFab.

In other words, that statement only applies to the pro tier.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zombiesmashtimetravel avatar image zombiesmashtimetravel commented ·

Hello,

I want to start my game by BASIC pricing, but when my game will get 1000DAU players, will you convert my FREE BASIC to payed?

atm i don't know how many i will do $$ in game...

hm, so if i have 100 DAU players, you will start to charge money from my acc?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan zombiesmashtimetravel commented ·

As stated above, the professional tier is where we use the 1,000 registered player account metric to determine when a title is live and so start billing. The free tier does not "convert" to the pro tier automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
zombiesmashtimetravel avatar image zombiesmashtimetravel commented ·

So the "BASIC" plan is limited to 1,000 registered players?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan zombiesmashtimetravel commented ·

There is no "basic" tier. We have a free tier, which no, is not related to the 1,000 registered player account item in any way, shape, or form. Separately, we have a pro tier, which is where professional developers get a service level agreement, higher limits, and access to one-on-one support. In that specific tier (pro), we only start billing the minimum monthly fee when the title is live, which is when it reaches 1,000 player accounts in the title.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.