question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Calling GetUserAccountInfo at the same time as GetUserData causes one of them to silently fail

I'm experiencing an issue where if I call GetUserAccountInfo to look up a user's display name, it works fine.

Now, I add a call to GetUserData at the same time, since I am planning to look up some user data when the user logs in. Now, the GetUserAccountInfo call from above silently fails/hangs. The async call just doesn't return.

I'm running the C# SDK.

Am I calling something wrong, or is there some built-in protection for PlayFab that doesn't let those two calls be called at the same time?

Edit: seems like this is the case. I tried running my GetUserData() call 1 second later, and it works.

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If two concurrent calls are trying to make a change to the same data, that would cause a concurrent edit error. Now, it is the case that two calls to read the same data (with no writes), which arrive at the same time, must be services one at a time (for non-cached/sharded data), but that would normally be my expectation - that they would each get a response, just one after the other. In general, it is recommended that you not fire multiple requests at the same time to the service, but I've never seen a call fail to get a response like that. Can you get a Wireshark capture showing the details of the packets (https://wiki.wireshark.org/SSL)?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

I ran wireshark. What filter should I apply?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Since all traffic to/from PlayFab is SSL, I'd recommend using that one, to keep the capture as simple as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.