question

corporate avatar image
corporate asked

PlayFab is awesome!

Hi @Brendan -

I am writing to thank you and your team for the wonderful service you're providing.

I am an amateur developer who is just learning the roles of C# and Unity, and who has never even touched JavaScript. Despite this, within a week of switching to PlayFab, I was able to successfully integrated:

• Validation of time elapsed since last login using GetServerTime
  • Management and retrieving of virtual currencies
  • Elegant integration of Facebook leaderboards
  • And I even wrote my first two JS scripts!

I think a lot of it comes down to how intuitive and straightforward the PlayFab Unity SDK is - once you've gotten the hang of request syntax and callbacks, it literally becomes a breeze (after a few days, I found myself spending very little time reading the documentation and simply checking the definition of the request or feature I want to call directly in Unity to see what it can do - THAT'S how well-documented the code!)

In contrast, in the previous BaaS solution I used, I spent the better part of my time figuring out why something wasn't working and whether I should be calling the client, the instance of the client, or the wrapper of the client just to get it to do something...

Special thanks to you, @Brendan, for always being available and providing detailed and situation-specific answers (no RTFM responses here!)

Thank you all,

George

A very happy PlayFab convert

feedback
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Heh - thanks George. Our goal is (of course) to make it as easy as possible to have the backend features you need, without having to worry about optimizing queries, managing data tables, etc. And we'll keep adding new features as fast as we (safely) can, so that developers have even more options for game experiences for their players. Looking forward to seeing your game, once it's launched!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.