question

frank-1 avatar image
frank-1 asked

Exporting all players' data (title) for analyzing

We want to store session data per player so that we can analyze at a later point what happened and changed throughout every session. Right now we have it set up so that every player has a SessionData key/value pair for every session with a bunch of this information. However, we just noticed that there's no way to export this information into a big json for example.

I guess this question is two-fold. Is this the right approach for session data? Session data would be performance stuff but also how long every session takes and what games the player would play etc.

And the second question, what is the best way to export this data so that analytics can have fun with this data? I see some stuff about cloudscript with the admin api, and I did find a GetPlayerData script but I didn't find a way to get a list of all the playfabID's.

Thanks for your help

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, if you want to have the data externally, you would need it to be posted as events, so that you can use Snowflake to analyze it, or else use the event archive feature to pipe all the events to your own S3 bucket, so that you can use it in whatever analytics tool you like. Attempting to scrape all player data for all players in a game is not supported, as that could cause performance issues on the data table (given that it could be millions of players).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrzej avatar image andrzej commented ·

Hi, sorry for posting on old thread, but is there a good way to download all player data to my local computer?

For analitics and backup?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.