question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Use pre-existing Photon App ID with PlayFab

Question from a developer:

I have an App ID for Photon Realtime - do I need to use the one from the Add-ons page with PlayFab?

photon
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The App IDs you get from the Add-ons page for Photon are specifically ones that are already pre-configured to make webhook calls into Cloud Script for room actions in Photon (create, join, leave, etc.). Also, only those App IDs run in the PlayFab account, allowing us to unify billing (and provide the per-100 CCU pricing).

But there's nothing preventing you from using any Photon account you like - there are no incompatibilities between our services. If you choose to use a separate App ID, we can help you with getting yours configured to use the correct Cloud Script webhook calls - just reply to this thread and we'll get you set up with that info. However, please understand that billing for that account will be distinct from PlayFab, as the account would not be running in our account.

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3dgamemdl avatar image 3dgamemdl commented ·

Hi,

So who do I contant to get my existing photon app id tied with my playfab game?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan 3dgamemdl commented ·

You would need to work with our partners at Exit Games, as they created, manage, and support the Photon services.

0 Likes 0 ·
3dgamemdl avatar image 3dgamemdl brendan commented ·

So, while I wait for the response from ExitGames, as far as I can see, what I need to setup is the webhooks from photon to playfab.

I can create custom webhooks, but I do not know the "Base URL" and such to fill in at photons' side, for it to correctly call the cloudscript functions.

Can I find that information somewhere?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar commented ·

@Brendan

"If you choose to use a separate App ID, we can help you with getting yours configured to use the correct Cloud Script webhook calls - just reply to this thread and we'll get you set up with that info. "

If this is the process why is it not clear?

"the process for using your own App ID is obviously not clearly defined between our teams"

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Hamza Lazaar commented ·

Specifically, because our teams haven't specified the process. Let's review in the thread we already have on this, and I'll update here with the specifics once we're all on the same page.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Okay, so everyone has the info, it'll be a simple process for now. Just turn on PlayFab in your title in our service, then send your info - Title ID and the App ID from the PlayFab add-on page for Photon - to the Photon team (along with your own App ID). They'll work with us on the transition.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.