question

eugenebridger avatar image
eugenebridger asked

Steam Payment Provider Not Available

I installed the Steam add-on yesterday so I can start implementing microtransactions in my game but it's not showing up in the payment providers returned by StartPurchase. I only get one payment provider called "Test". I have created my application in Steamworks but it isn't visible on the store yet.

I installed the Steam add-on yesterday so I can start implementing microtransactions in my game but it's not showing up in the payment providers returned by StartPurchase. I only get one payment provider called "Test".

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swapnilnegi avatar image
swapnilnegi answered

For implementing steam payments, you need to initiate Steamworks in your game and log in using a steam id(LoginWithSteam) which should be a registered steam account. Once you have done this you will see steam in the payment provider's list.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eugenebridger avatar image eugenebridger commented ·

That worked, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you double-check that you entered the App ID and Web API Key on the Steam page in the Add-ons Marketplace? If you're sure they're correct, can you provide us with the Title ID so that we can have a look?

3 comments
10 |1200

eugenebridger avatar image eugenebridger commented ·

Hi, yes I've entered these details. I couldn't find anywhere in Steamworks that specifically mentioned "App ID" but I entered the six digit number on the top of the landing page that also shows up in the URL: https://partner.steamgames.com/apps/landing/******. My title ID is 326B. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan eugenebridger commented ·

The App ID looks fine, but what specific page did you get the Web API Key from? It should be Users&Permissions->Manage Groups, and there, select the group and either copy out the Web API Key or have the site generate one and then copy it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
eugenebridger avatar image eugenebridger brendan commented ·

I went to Manage Groups and generated a Web API key for the "Everyone" group.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.