question

nikolalemmens avatar image
nikolalemmens asked

Testing LoginWithIOSDeviceID in Unity Remote

Hi,

For authentication testing with the LoginWithIOSDeviceID, without the hassle of a full build each test, is it possible to test with Unity Remote?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't specifically test with Unity Remote, but we're not aware of any blocking issues with this. All the PlayFab API calls are simply Web API methods, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Are you seeing problems testing with Unity Remote? If so, can you describe what you're running into?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nikolalemmens avatar image nikolalemmens commented ·

I'm not testing with Unity Remote yet.

I'm actually looking for a way to emulate a iOS device so that I can test LoginWithIOSDeviceID without having to build and use an iOS device.

I now see that it's perhaps possible with SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier and use it in a LoginWithCustomIDRequest. So I can just hit the play button in the editor to test (and use my MacOSID for standalone in stead of iOSDeviceID). Is that indeed the way to go for quick testing?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nikolalemmens commented ·

Sure, or you could use LoginWithIOSDeviceID - either way. Apple doesn't provide a call to validate that an iOS device ID is "genuine", so it's effectively an arbitrary string as far as we're concerned.

0 Likes 0 ·
nikolalemmens avatar image nikolalemmens brendan commented ·

Ah, ok, thx.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.