question

frank-1 avatar image
frank-1 asked

Can't re-add a player after removing them due to email address already exists.,Removed a player, email address not available when registering again

Hiya,

I recently removed a test user from our list of players (added my own work mail to check out the password reset). I understand this is a relatively new feature via the website and it is already great that it's there. However, when I try to re-add the same email later I get the error that the email address already exists. It isn't there on the dashboard however and it's the only project we have so far. Is it possible I still need to remove the email address from some seperate list? Or does it just take some more time to update? GetAccountInfo with the emailaddress also return a "User not found".

It's not a great deal if I can't ever use my own email address again for this project, but in a worst case scenario where a client wants to re-add themselves further down the road of a project, we would like to keep that option open.

Thank you for your time!

Hiya,

I recently removed a test user from our list of players (added my own work mail to check out the password reset). I understand this is a relatively new feature via the website and it is already great that it's there. However, when I try to re-add the same email later I get the error that the email address already exists. It isn't there on the dashboard however and it's the only project we have so far. Is it possible I still need to remove the email address from some seperate list? Or does it just take some more time to update? GetAccountInfo with the emailaddress also return a "User not found".

It's not a great deal if I can't ever use my own email address again for this project, but in a worst case scenario where a client wants to re-add themselves further down the road of a project, we would like to keep that option open.

Thank you for your time!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correction and clarification:

When you use the delete player option, the player account is queued for deletion. The deletion process removes all title-specific aspects of the player - statistics, player data, title display name, inventory, etc.

However, the "core" of the player account lives at the Publisher ID level - that's where all the credentials live, as well as the Username. That's how you can have a player sign into one title, and then sign into another, and have all the data for that player be associated with a single PlayFab ID (and so, share data across titles using player publisher data).

Apologies for the confusion on this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Player deletion via the Game Manager puts the account in a queue for cleanup, which is why the name and credentials for those accounts aren't immediately available for re-use. I've got a bug open with the team to improve this process, so that at a minimum, the accounts are unlinked and the names freed at when the account is queued for deletion (it's all the data, stats, etc. that take extra time, really).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.