question

swapnilnegi avatar image
swapnilnegi asked

Steam Overlay not visible in Unity editor.

Hello Team,

After PayForPurchase call we should get the payment provider's interface to accept the payment as per this documentation :https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-commerce/non-receipt-payment-processing
I am not getting the interface or the confirmation dialog from steam.
Need help or suggestions on this. The purchase is in Init state and the provider is steam.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry answered

We did find a workaround to this:

1. Restart Steam.
  2. Run a build of your game from the Steam library. That will (should) tie the build to Steam.
  3. Press play in editor with the build still running. Now when you trigger IAPs in editor, the overlay will come up on the running build, so you can confirm test purchases.

No guarantees this works 100%, or on all platforms, or in all cases, but it's been pretty consistent for us whenever we tried it.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi commented ·

@dragonfoundry It does work. But as I have zero credits in my steam wallet when I press the authorize button, nothing happens neither do I get the overlay which guides the user through a funding process. How can we use steam sandbox mode for test payments.?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan swapnilnegi commented ·

What is the response you get back from the call to PayForPurchase? Can you confirm that the Steam account you're using in the game is set up on the app in Steamworks?

0 Likes 0 ·
swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi brendan commented ·

The response shows status as init but as I am testing the app using steam client I get a pop up to authorize but when I press Authorize nothing happens. Currently I dont have any money in steam wallet but it should guide me through a funding process. So the purchase remains in the Init state.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi swapnilnegi commented ·

@dragonfoundry How do you test for the callback whether it is getting receivedg or not.? Is there a way to debug in Steam Client.?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, we have no control over the Steam client - it runs entirely locally on your machine. If the PayForPurchase call gets a successful response, we would indeed expect the payment popup to be presented.

In general, I'd recommend using the Steamworks developer forums for questions on their interfaces. This post in particular seems to describe exactly what you're seeing: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/discussions/4/2333276539588903948/. The recommendation there is to upload the game to Steam and launch it via their client.

2 comments
10 |1200

swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi commented ·

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden commented ·

Interesting, Ive been battling this issue fir the past week or so, We are getting a succues back from playfab from PayForPurchase but no overlay shows,

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.