question

SL Tech avatar image
SL Tech asked

Is the Title ID cached somehow?

Hi,

I try to switch from one title to another when working on multiple games. The prefab and PlayfabWWW show the right title id but the calls throw an error based on the older title id as shown below. Is the title id from the previous run somehow cached? If so how I can delete it and ensure that the new titleid is being used for the API calls? Please help.

PlayFabError(InvalidAPIEndpoint, The URL for this request is not valid for this title. The correct API endpoint is https://XXX.playfabapi.com, 400 BadRequest)
apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So that error shows up if you've got a Session Ticket for one title, and are making a Client API call to a different title, or if you've configured a Secret Key for one title, and are making a Server or Admin API call to a different title. So in part, it depends upon what the call is that you're making. Our SDKs do store the last Session Ticket you got from a login operation in the PlayFab settings automatically, so you should make sure to sign the player in, in order to get a new Session Ticket if it's the Client API. Otherwise, I'd double check what Secret Key you have set.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SL Tech avatar image SL Tech commented ·

Hi Bendan, that was helpful. Once I included changing the secret key when I switch Titles, it started working as expected. Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.