question

glen avatar image
glen asked

Can't change profanity filter limit

Once setting our profanity filter limit I am no longer able to change the plan for it. It is stuck at 100,000 checks, I can't increase or decrease it. I also noticed that it has reset now that we are in a new month. I was under the impression that these were bulk buys without a time limit. But it appears that I've lost all unused profanity filters from last month, yet I paid for those, should we not be allowed to keep those?

If this is a bulk buy system then they shouldn't be on a time limit either.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the pricing on the Community Sift upgrades are all up N display name checks per month for a set price each month - we can't really "roll over" unused checks each month, as that's not how our agreement with Community Sift works. I'm not sure why you would want to lower the number of checks available to you in a month, though - if you're paying for up to 100,000 checks a month, the worst case would be that you don't use some (and potentially drop your subscription to the 25,000 checks level for the next month). To increase your number of checks, you'd need to upgrade to the 1,000,000 display name check level. Are you saying that option isn't available in your title?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

The wording should be clear that it is a per month cost then.

I have no options to either increase or decrease my plan and I should have the options to do both. In fact I should have the option to turn it off entirely if I choose, regardless of whether that would be a bad decision or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan glen commented ·

Yes, I've entered a work item to have the language made more explicit.

For changing the plan, if you can confirm that you want me to update you to the 1,000,000 display name check plan ($500/month), I can make that change for you. Looking at the setup, I can see that you could do this now by removing CS from the title on the Add-ons page for it, then re-adding it with the higher limit, but that would obviously turn of CS for the few seconds it takes you to do that, which I'd rather avoid. I'm also adding a bug to allow developers to directly upgrade or downgrade CS on the limits page.

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen brendan commented ·

Thanks Brendan. I'm not looking to change our current plan at the moment and worst case I can always do the "remove and re-add" technique.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.