question

yabatatagames avatar image
yabatatagames asked

Did currency recharge mechanism changed?

Hi,
I built an hourly bonus feature very similar to Daily Prize Wheel about 6 months ago.
In this feature I had HB currency with :

Recharge rate = 12
Recharge max = 1
Initial deposit = 1

The way it used to work was that when a user had 1 HB the SecondsToRecharge was 7200 until he claimed it.
But now without changing anything SecondsToRecharge keeps counting so the user can claim the HB and the next available HB can be from 1 to 7200 seconds.

VirtualCurrencyRechargeTime rechargeDetails = result.VirtualCurrencyRechargeTimes[eCurrency.HB.ToString()];
int nextHourlyBonus = rechargeDetails.SecondsToRecharge;

Any chance you guys changed the mechanism?
This feature used to work as I mentioned but now it is different with no changes from my side as I can remember.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, this was due to a recent change to the regenerating currency system, which we'll have fixed shortly. The expected behavior is:

For any VC that has a regeneration rate, if the current balance is below the max, the time to recharge must never be changed by an add/subtract operation, except if the new balance after an add sets the balance to the regeneration max, in which case it is undefined.

Whenever the VC is at the regeneration max, any operation that drops it below that max causes the regeneration timer to start from that moment. So, if the regeneration rate is 1 (meaning 1 per 24 hours), and the regeneration max is 5, if the current value if 5 or more and an operation drops the current value below 5, the next regeneration should occur 24 hours from the time of the operation that dropped the balance below 5.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yabatatagames avatar image yabatatagames commented ·

any update on this fix? still have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan yabatatagames commented ·

We're working on getting it prioritized as soon as we can.

1 Like 1 ·
dreadwolf avatar image dreadwolf commented ·

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. It makes the entire feature unusable. Is there any workaround for resetting the timer? I just noticed this bug and I'm hoping I won't have to implement my own currency timer from scratch.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dreadwolf commented ·

We have a fix for this in test, so we hope to have this released to the service soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.