question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Password seems to be required for RegisterPlayFabUser?

When I register with email, username, and displayname, I get this:

PlayFabError(InvalidParams, Invalid input parameters, 400 BadRequest - Details: RegisterPlayFabUserRequest: One of the following properties must be defined: Password, EncryptedRequest | )

However, the docs say I only need a username or an email address, showing the password being optional. On return, i'd link a Steam account. I suppose I could do it the other way around, but we used to require a password and and now we're removing it since everythings linked to Steam. I'd have to re-code stuff.

So a password is required? To save recoding everything, would it be wise to just set a randomly generated password?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

A password is required if you are using username, email, or username+email. A password is not required if you're an enterprise customer, using our newer encrypted request. In that case, EncryptedRequest and PlayerSecret are required (along with the TitleId). It looks like when the encrypted request was added recently, the docs weren't fully updated to clarify this - we'll get that taken care of.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.