question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Using Unity 5.6+ and FB? You may want to take a look here

Just a heads up, ever since Unity 5.6, Unity broke FB standalone integration (100% Unity -- not FB -- all versions of FB SDK work fine in 5.5 and works in 5.6 editor, just not when compiled -- Unity thinks FB standalone is Gameroom, so if you don't have Gameroom as target build, it will say you're missing Gameroom and not ever init).

If you use FB in any form other than the Gameroom target build (FB's answer to Steam), it will work in the editor, but NOT when compiled. This means if you use it for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, etc -- it won't work.

This, to my knowledge, was never fixed (let us know if you are testing a version that works with it, but we had to abandon FB long ago).

Just a heads up for those using or plan to use FB integration.

apisAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

So we have not ventured in the way of Game Room yet. Any FB integregtion that we support and recommend still involves downloading the Facebook SDK from https://developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/ . I have verfied that this does work and does compiles.

As for Unity's built in FB integration tools, I personally have not played with them at all. We will have to take a look when we have time.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.