question

Terry Kwon avatar image
Terry Kwon asked

Is rejoinable with lobbyID to game server that state is closed?

Hi,

Can user re-join specific server with lobbyID that state is CLOSED?

I am asking this because I want the server to be hidden from Matchmake API when the game is actually started. So I thought SetGameServerInstanceState API can set the server state to closed, so that Matchmake API can skip this instance to be searched.

However, if the user somehow disconnected after the game starts (state is closed), and trying to re-join to the server with its lobbyID, is it possible? (I want to avoid any other users who were not in the server after the game starts to be joinable)

Or is there another fancy way to achieve this use case?

Thanks!

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correction: No, if the game server state is set to Closed, the server cannot be returned via a call to Matchmake. The issue is that the server info can be discovered more than one way, so closing the server is the only way to prevent unwanted users from joining. Once in the Closed state, you would need to use an alternate means, such as via your own custom matchmaker server (or make the server Open again) in order to get players to connect to it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.