question

katamaran avatar image
katamaran asked

Build packages

why need Build package?

and what really mean Build package?

and how make a build package for PlayFab?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you please provide the context? Where are you seeing the build package referred to? If it's in the custom game hosting tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/custom-game-servers), it refers to your dedicated server executable and any resource files it needs to run. There's nothing special about creating that for our service - the executable simply needs to be compatible with Windows Server 2K12 R2. There's an example server we've provided in Unity, if you'd like to use that as a starting place for your own development work: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

katamaran avatar image katamaran commented ·

in dashboard->Multiplayers->Builds->Builds package

im planing my game run in android and need build for windows?

i need make a server build for work with my game and build this game in unity for windows, and upload to Builds package area, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan katamaran commented ·

That's specifically for titles which use dedicated servers (custom game servers), which many games do not. If your title uses dedicated servers, then yes, that's where you would set them up. If it doesn't use dedicated servers, you can ignore that section of the site.

0 Likes 0 ·

But not posibble to creat a game mode if not have builds package. I was try this code

var startAgame= new StartGameRequest { BuildVersion = "5.01", Region = PlayFab.ClientModels.Region.EUWest, GameMode = "0" };

but giving error: not have any GameMode

0 Likes 0 ·

So again, that's specifically only for games that use custom game servers. What specifically are you attempting to do? The vast majority of mobile games do not use custom game servers at all.

0 Likes 0 ·

i want start a game like lobby for multiplayer connectivity im reading client api documantation and trying codes in this page: https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/StartGame

0 Likes 0 ·

Okay, in order to do so, you would need to create a custom game server build that you then have hosted in our service (or you could host it externally, either way). There's a sample game server project at the link in the original answer, above, as well as a link to the tutorial on using custom game servers in our service.

If what you're looking for is the ability to simply create a Room that players can connect to and exchange realtime packets, I would recommend having a look at our Photon Realtime integration.

0 Likes 0 ·

any documentation link, video tutorial or sample project for playfab and photon using?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, our Photon Tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/photon-unity) contains code you can copy/paste into your own project to see how Photon works with PlayFab (along with a complete walkthrough of setting it up).

0 Likes 0 ·

im trying create a room but giving error:

PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom("gamegame", new RoomOptions() { maxPlayers = 2 }, null);

error is: CreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.

i make this tutorial to this section: PlayFab + Photon Example: Photon token acquired: (id) Authentication complete.

0 Likes 0 ·

For questions on using the Photon SDK, you'll need to talk to the Exit Games team, as they are the company that created and provide support for all the Photon Cloud SDKs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.