question

entelicon avatar image
entelicon asked

PlayFab Log Path

Is the path given from the Command Line Args relative to the exe? Or just a raw path?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The value we generate and pass in where you have <log_file_path> in the command line arguments will be an absolute path.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

entelicon avatar image entelicon commented ·

Okay

With the networking system I use, it creates a FILE that holds the txt logging information. If I set the path of this file to the logging path you guys provide, will PlayFab accept the file and be smart enough to detect it holds .txt files inside of it? Or am I forced to give it 1 .txt file?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan entelicon commented ·

To be clear, what we pass is a complete absolute path, including the filename (something like "E:\gameserver\logs\1234567890.log", though you should not rely upon the drive, path, or filename matching any of that - this is only an example). That's what our game wrangler will look for when it goes to copy the log file from the server.

0 Likes 0 ·
entelicon avatar image entelicon brendan commented ·

Oh so you guys actually create the file on your end and return that to me, and want me to write to the specific file. Okay thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.