question

games-1 avatar image
games-1 asked

Why does LoginWithCustomID fail when using known Custom ID?

Brendan,

I have a Playfab player with a unique Custom ID.

I can see the player and his linked Custom ID in the Game Manager.

However, api calls to LoginWithCustomID fail when I use the Custom ID.

Title ID: A4BE Playfab

Player ID: D1597263A71C4B29

Player Custom ID: hhf7-cbfc-d3d7-ac5b

You were very kind to explain to me that Custom IDs must be unique, and you said that although deleted users are not marked as such in the Game Manager, they will not have linked Custom IDs.

Since this player does have a linked Custom ID visible in the Game Manager and therefore must not have been deleted, can you please explain why LoginWithCustomID fails for this player?

Thank you for your help.

Walter

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, I can see how that would be confusing, and you have our apologies for that. The problem is that we had an issue a little while ago where the events for unlinking weren't being sent correctly for all cases. The Game Manager uses profile information, which is constructed using the events, to build the details it shows for players. So we do have a few player accounts that show links that they no longer have - we'll be building, testing, and running a script to get those cleaned up as soon as we can.

In this case, if you use Server/GetUserAccountInfo to pull down the details for that account, you'll see that it does not actually have a linked Custom ID.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

games-1 avatar image games-1 commented ·

I would think that this sort of confusion could be entirely avoided if the Game Manager more clearly indicated that a player has been deleted.

Thank you for the recommendation to use GetUserAccountInfo.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan games-1 commented ·

Yes, I can definitely see value in a "deleted" tag on the player account that have been deleted. Thanks - I'll add that to the backlog.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.