question

Montana Tuska avatar image
Montana Tuska asked

UE4 C++ ExecuteCloudScript FunctionParameter

Well, back here again for another question. Using the UE4 C++ sdk, latest version. I'm trying to setup to really start making good use of the ExectueCloudScript function, but I seem to have found myself a question. How are we supposed to be providing the FunctionParameter variable? The type is FMultivarType, which doesn't accept JsonObjects(unless being taken to read out to another type) and it isn't a TMap so you could provide a key/value pair. And even if it was, FMultivarType doesn't accept TArray values... Now I could just be having a huge oversight, or this is flawed.

Anyway, thanks for your time as usual.

Oh also, maybe add a ue4 topic/tag for posts? (Or, even better, a drop down for selecting what SDK you're using. Would make searching through threads easier)

sdksCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

You might be right. I will need to investigate.

Our SDKs rooted in C++ were all based from a template made at a time when we didn't have a good solution for completely generic properties such as the FunctionParameter and FunctionResult in ExecuteCloudScript.

We have only much more recently expanded this capability within WindowsSDK, and that the pattern has not been carried over to Unreal or Cocos.

We are planning to do a pass on Unreal next month, and I'll try to make sure this gets evaluated.

In the meantime, yes I believe that you are stuck with primitives for FunctionParameter. I suggest sending json-as-a-string, for now and decoding it on the other side. You will certainly have to do the same with your response.

I'm sorry we don't have a better answer for you.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

Alrighty, thanks again Paul!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.