question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

IP disappeared from Logins page

Few minutes ago you updated player's logins page in Game Manager and all logins older then 7 days disappered. And there is also no IP address.

Account Managementgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, the retention period for the free tier is currently 7 days, and the login page is now reflecting that. Sincere apologies that this took you by surprise - this is clearly something we should have communicated more clearly ahead of time. The IP Address change is because full IP Addresses are actually considered PII in many regions. You can still retrieve all the information on your players via their events, which you can get through the event archive, or via our Snowflake integration.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

So now when I'm not able to see IP, IP banning became useless. Also cities aren't always detected correctly (50% times it is not even detected).

I suppose I have to make custom event when player logs in to store his IP?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

We're discussing the update in our Slack general channel with the community - I'd highly recommend getting involved there.

Banning by IP is a very good example of a case where you do need the IP Address, if you're not handling banning in an automated manner. We'll talk through that as part of the review of this change and see what our options are.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Follow-up - thanks to everyone for their feedback in the Slack general channel. We will indeed be able to return the IP Addresses to the site. Look for the to be available shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.