question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Question on Validating iOS receipts

jmeador
started a topic on Fri, 04 September 2015 at 4:28 PM

When validating iOS receipts, we noticed that we would consistently get error 1178 (matching catalog item not found) unless the product was in the primary catalog. Is this the intended behavior?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

4 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 04 September 2015 at 5:20 PM

That's correct. We have a guide to setting up your receipt validation here: https://playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android/.

In short, we use the Product ID in the receipt to determine what item the player is purchasing from the game's catalog (ItemId). That allows us to put the item purchased in the player's inventory as part of the purchase process. That's how we're able to offer a fully secure solution - by not letting any part of the authority over the process be in the hands of the client.

Brendan

jmeador said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 8:18 AM

Yep, that part I get. I've set up two catalogs for a game though: one for virtual goods and one for IAP. (I could put them all in the same one, but it's just easier to organize this way.) I found that I get the 1178 error if the IAP catalog is not listed as the primary catalog. So the way that the service works now is that the item must be in a catalog AND that catalog must be marked as primary.

Is that the intention?

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 12:14 PM

Yes, the design of the catalog system is that the title has one catalog, with all the items. That's why different catalogs for a title are stated as being versions - the intent is that a title would ship with a set of items in the catalog, and then as items are added, subsequent versions would have the additional items.

Brendan

jmeador said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 1:46 PM

Got it. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.